Monday, July 9, 2012

Introductions!




Greetings!

My name is Jemiella Ayala, known to the online world as EcuadorianEyezz. Welcome to my blog, entitled, "ROAD TO ANIME WEEKEND ATLANTA."

This blog is created to be a bit of a memoir, with me counting down until Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012 (AWA 2012) To start off, I'll provide the boring part: How did it start?


Well, I first fell in love with anime at an early age, when I first started watching Sailor Moon in 1997. I've never seen anything like it, from the big eyes to the short skirts. I was like, "Ooooh what's this?!"
Then came Pokemon....then came DragonBallZ. All of a sudden, I was consumed with everything Japanese animation, and Japanese culture. From then on, it was history.

When I got into high school, I discovered anime conventions. I had no idea what it was about, but I did my research, as I always did. Upon my research, I discovered big ballers like Anime Expo, Anime Boston....and Anime Weekend Atlanta.

...Wait, rewind! Anime Weekend ATLANTA?! There's an anime con here, and I had no idea about it?! I noticed the 2004 date had passed, so I vowed to make it to 2005's date.

It was an amazing experience. The panels, the cosplay, the guests...the dealer's room!! I will never forget my first AWA. I was 15 years old.

In 2007, I did my first cosplay. I was LuLu from Final Fantasy X! It was one thing to be taking pictures of all the cosplay, but it was another to be on the other side! I loved being approached on how nice my costume was, and for pictures! I loved the fact that people came up to me, saying I was their favorite character and how much they loved it. It was so humbling, and an awesome experience.

I've been out of the game since then, and this will be my first time con-going in 5 years. Thank you for taking this journey with me, and watching my Road to Anime Weekend Atlanta.

If you'd like, feel free to add me on CosCom or Deviant Art, for more pictures along the way! S'N: EcuadorianEyezz

No comments:

Post a Comment